September 21, 2005

One of my Humble Opinions...

When I am in the cat box for one of those, erm, lengthy sessions, I like to take a little bit of light reading material with me. What really amuses me are some of the interpretations that humans have for my kind. Great Old Ones, that is. One of the most entertaining sources I've perused in recent memory is the Call of Cthulhu game.

In this "game," the "players" willingly pretend to be overtaken by the darkest powers (un)imaginable. Myself included. Why anyone would actively want to make believe that they are being consumed by a malignant, formless evil from across time and space is beyond even my omniscient wisdom. Go figure.

An amusing quotation from the game's "rules" reads:

"Hastur will not normally attack his friends or worshippers."

That, vile reader, is the purest rubbish. In my seething opinion, friends are meant to be attacked and, yes, even devoured.

You need to understand one thing when dealing with humans: they really don't know everything. They're a bunch of bumbling, mindless drones, their lives as to my kind as an ant's is to theirs. Still...they do have their uses.

An amusing anecdote...my slaves were discussing me the other day, and the male said, "Do you really think Hastur is a bad cat?"

She thought about that before replying, "I don't think he's bad, just naughty."

If only she knew the truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home